Powered by Blogger.

Book Review: The World's Greatest Chocolate-Covered Pork Chops by R.K. Sager


The World's Greatest Chocolate-Covered Pork ChopsThe World's Greatest Chocolate-Covered Pork Chops by R.K. Sager
My rating: 4 of 5 stars
Genre: Middle Grade, YA

"I'm Zoey Kate, culinary prodigy, gourmet innovator, child chef extraordinaire."

"... I know how to say bon appétit in fifty-two languages."

Zoey is a child chef genius. Her recipes are all about mixing together ingredients that normally wouldn't go together, but it works and people love her cooking. She wants to open her own restaurant so that the whole world will get to experience her amazing cooking. She has wonderful people who support her along the way. She also makes a few enemies who don't want her to succeed.

This book was hilarious. It had me laughing from the first page. Zoey is such a quirky character. Following her adventure was really fun. I loved that different food cultures are talked about and that we get to explore some of San Fransisco. This book is full of unique and imaginative characters.

This book would be great for children as it teaches them to dream big and that anything is possible if you work hard for it. It also shows us the importance of friendship. As an adult, this book will let your inner child run free. I like that recipes are included at the end, especially one for chocolate-covered pork chops.

Overall, I enjoyed it and I think that children would love this book. Since there are many children who have a passion for food and cooking they will really enjoy it and relate to Zoey.

I received an ARC from the publisher via NetGalley.

 Sincerely, JoJo. ♥

No comments