Powered by Blogger.

June Lifestlye Favorites


I meant to post this 2 weeks ago but I painted my room and got a new bed. Long story short, I wasn't living in my room for 3 weeks. Now this has turned into things I've been loving in June, which will include some things from July as well. Now, onto the favorites.

Books:
Extraordinary Means by Robyn Schneider
I really enjoyed this book. If you're a fan of John Green you will love this book. I would describe this book as The Fault in Our Stars meets Looking for Alaska. It's about teens that have a fictional form of tuberculosis and are sent to this sanatorium to get better. Lane is an overachiever who has planned his whole life, and this was not part of his plan. Sadie is living in the moment. She and her friends know how to get around the rules of Latham House and Lane is fascinated by them. He befriends them. Lane and Sadie embark on an adorable love story. I won't say more because I don't want to give anything away. This book will make your emotions go on a roller coaster. You'll laugh, cry, be angry, sad, and hopeful. All I'm saying is you have to read it. I recommend that you check out the book trailer here because that is what convinced me to go out and buy it.

Movies:
In the month of June I watched the highly anticipated Pitch Perfect 2 and Inside Out. I loved both of them and I would definitely recommend them. I also watched A Gift of Miracles, which was a very nice Hallmark movie.

TV:
For the past month I've been loving My Kitchen Rules. The new season premiered a little over a month ago here. If you live in Canada and have the channel Gusto you will most likely know about this. If you live in Australia you know this show. It's a cooking competition where they're looking for Australia's best home cooks. It's probably my favorite reality TV show. From watching this show I've learned a lot about the geography of Australia and Australian cuisine. I blame this show for the fact that I desperately want to visit Australia.
The next show I have to mention is Suits. I never miss an episode. This season doesn't disappoint. I really feel for Harvey at the moment. I'm not liking Louis this season. Donna will always be my favorite.
I also have to give a shout out to Teen Wolf because it feels like I've been waiting for season 5 for a long time. There has been so much Stydia buildup in the promos of this season and I'm going to be livid if they don't deliver.

Music:
Glorious - BJ Putnam 
I Was Made For Loving You - Tori Kelly ft. Ed Sheeran 
Verge - Owl City ft. Aloe Blacc
Here Now (Madness) - Hillsong United 
Where It All Begins - Hunter Hayes ft. Lady Antebellum 

Food:
I have to mention this Creamy Greek Yogurt Alfredo Sauce. I love it because it tastes just like a traditional Alfredo sauce but it contains no heavy cream. It's a lighter version of a well-loved classic. 

If you have any book, movie and/or tv show recommendations please let me know. 

Sincerely, JoJo.♥

No comments