Powered by Blogger.

April Favorites!


April has been the month of lipstick for me. I've been switching up my daily lipstick to more spring-like shades and I've discovered many new shades. These are the three that stood out to me the most. 

Maybelline Color Whisper in Lust for Blush 
I've heard about this lipstick range when it first was released but I never got around to trying them. This particular shade was always one that I was meaning to pick up but it was always sold out so I forgot about it for awhile. This month I remembered to try them and got the shade Lust for Blush. It's a pale slightly cool toned pink, but because it's sheer it looks very natural on the lips and you don't need a mirror to apply it. After I bought it I read that it's a dupe for MAC Creme Cup and finding a MAC dupe is always a plus. This lipstick is basically a tinted lip balm because it's moisturizing and comfortable to wear with a hint of color. 

MAC Peach Blossom 
This lipstick has been on my wishlist for quite some time (blame ViviannaDoesMakeup). It's a peachy pink, more pink than peach, kind of a nude shade. It's a cremesheen which is not my preferred kind of MAC lipstick but this one feels different than cremesheens I've had in the past. It's quite sheer so it looks really natural. There is some shimmer in it but it goes unnoticed on the lips. The lasting power is about 3 hours but it's so pretty that I don't mind reapplying it. If you love MAC Patisserie you'll also love Peach Blossom. 

Clinique Pop Lip Colour + Primer in Plum Pop 
For this lipstick purchase I blame lilypebbles  for wearing it in a blog photo and ViviannaDoesMakeup for saying it's similar to MAC Syrup (my all-time favorite lipstick). This lipstick is quite opaque. You can get away with only one swipe or two. I've compared it to MAC Syrup and it's more rosy and brighter. It's the perfect lipstick for people who want to try bolder lip but are afraid. I'd say it lasts about 4 hours till you need to reapply. It's a beautiful lipstick. 

Clinique Plum Pop, Maybelline Color Whisper in Lust for Blush, MAC Peach Blossom
Lifestyle Favorites

TV Shows
North and South 

Music
Hymns Mash-Up - Anthem Lights 

Youtube:

Sincerely, JoJo.♥

No comments