Powered by Blogger.

November/December Loves List


Since my favorite beauty products don't change very often I've decided that my monthly favorites will now be renamed a loves list. I just got tired of calling everything my favorite. This post is to give a shout out to all the things I've been loving lately. (It's the same as a favorites post but I'm going to only talk about things I really love.)


My go-to work makeup look consists of adding the following products to my daily makeup routine: Essense Make Me Brow, Makeup Geek and MAC eyeshadows, and the L'Oreal Infalliable Contour palette. I know that these products are foolproof and will always allow me to create a quick makeup look.

Essense Make Me Brow 
This product is a dupe for the Benefit Give Me Brow. I love this brow gel because it's tinted and has fibers in it. I can go in with this and my brows look full and stay in place for the whole day.

L'Oreal Infalliable Contour palette in Light 
I've said it before and I'll say it again: this is the foolproof contour palette. You can't go wrong when you use it. It has the right amount of pigment, which means you can never go overboard with the countour. It blends easily and it's very quick to use. It's perfect when you're in a hurry.

MAC and Makeup Geek Eyeshadows
For a quick and easy warm eye loo,k I take MAC All That Glitters all over the lid for a soft wash of colour. Then I mix MUG Crème Brûlée and MUG Bake Sale in the crease for some extra dimension and then I add MAC Blanc Type on my brow bone and inner corner for a subtle highlight.



Barcelona: A Love Untold 
I'm such a fangirl when it comes to filipino love teams. Kathniel was the first love team that I was introduced to. I loved Kathniel before I loved Jadine. Over the years I've kept tabs on their projects, especially their movies. When I heard about the movie Barcelona I eagerly awaited the day that I could watch it. This turned out to be my favorite Kathniel film. She's Dating the Gangster was my favorite for a long time but Barcelona tops it. You'll love this film if you love Kathniel or filipino movies. These types of films always have a similar formula but they're enjoyable to watch because they touch your heart and make you believe in love. It's a beautiful love story.

When a Snail Falls in Love
I'm slowly getting into Mainland China dramas. This is the third one that I've watched so far. This drama mainly a crime drama with great friendships and a little romance. It's quite slow paced but I loved it. The main couple was extremely adorable. It's a slow burn romance but it's completely worth it; however, if you don't like crime dramas you won't like this. If you want to see an adorable Chinese romance watch Love O2O and Boss & Me instead.

Goblin 
This kdrama started this month but I have to include it because I'm loving it so much. It's the first drama that my friend and I are watching at the same time. (She's the person responsible for my obsession with kdramas. She introduced me to Secret Garden, which is also written by Kim Eun Sook, the writer of DOTS and Goblin.) This is a fantasy romantic comedy with some melodrama. The story is about a 939 year old goblin (Gong Yoo) and a girl who can see ghosts (Kim Go Eun). She's the Goblin's Bride and only she can help him rest in peace. There's also a bright woman named Sunny (the flawless Yoo In Na) and a socially awkward Grim Reaper (Lee Dong Wook). There's also a young chaebol who is the descendant of the Goblin's servant (Yook Sung Jae) and the goddess of birth ( Lee El)who seems to have a role in everyone's lives. The bromance between the Goblin and the Grim Reaper is the most entertaining part of the drama.

Part of the reason why I love this drama so much is that it was partially filmed in Quebec City. Quebec is my home province. It's so exciting to see a city that I've been to and landmarks that I've stood in front of in a Korean drama. They showcase the beauty of Quebec City. I love the entire main cast. I already ship the second couple so much. I have a feeling that Goblin is going to be the next DOTS for me.

KES dramas are always hit or miss. You either love her dramas or you hate them. I loved Secret Garden and DOTS but I hated Heirs. I thought On Air and City Hall were okay, and I actually didn't know that she wrote those two dramas until now.

Music
Emmanuel - Hillsong (the meaning of Christmas in a song)
No One Else - Lee Sung Chul (a beautiful love song)
Love Story - Lyn (Legend of the Blue Sea OST)
Beautiful - Crush (Goblin OST)
Last Dance - BIGBANG (try not to cry)
Yes I Am - BTOB (I also love I'll Be Your Man)

Sincerely, JoJo. ♥

No comments