Powered by Blogger.

NOTD: OPI In The Cable Car-Pool Lane

I love it when the fall nail polish collections come out because darker shades come out. I'm a big fan of the fall colors. OPI is never disappointing. When I saw the San Francisco collection for Fall 2013 I was automatically drawn to In The Cable Car-Pool Lane. It's described as a rich burgundy. I would say it's a deep burgundy with purple undertones. It's a typical fall shade that I would wear (my favorite nail polish of all time is Mrs. O'Leary's BBQ which has a more browny/red undertone).   

3 coats with flash 


The formula is pretty good. It started off a little on the sheer side but it got opaque as I moved along. Most blog posts that I've read about this polish mention that it takes two coats for the polish to be opaque but I found that I needed three to four coats. I think the application will get better the more I use the polish. 


In terms of staying power this started chipping on the second day that I wore it so I wasn't pleased about that. OPI polishes tend to last 3-4 days with minimal chipping on my nails. It's a really pretty color though. I think it's similar to Essie's Bahama Mama but since I don't own Bahama Mama I don't know how the two shades compare. 

Sincerely, JoJo ♥

P.S. Have you tried any polishes from OPI's San Francisco collection? 

1 comment