Powered by Blogger.

Is it Worth the Hype? MAC Cleanse Off Oil

The MAC cleanse off oil gets a lot of hype in the beauty community. According to MAC their cleanse off oil is an oil based make up remover that's gentle on the skin. It's formulated with olive oil, evening primrose oil, jojoba seed oil, and vitamin E. It contains no mineral oil. It claims to be sing softening and conditioning, and good for all skin types


How it works (very simple): you massage it into dry skin and rinse it off with water.  Once water touches the skin it emulsifies into a lotion-like liquid. It's supposed to remove all your make up including waterproof mascara.


I think that this product is worth the hype because it removed all my make up including my waterproof mascara. It feels gentle on the skin and it doesn't break me out. I have sensitive eyes and it didn't irritate them. I will say that rinsing it off can get messy because water goes everywhere but it serves its purpose well.

Would I repurchase it? It seems to be lasting a long time. I've been using it for the past month and I used about a quarter it so I predict that it will last me about 4 months. As of right now I say that I would repurchase it but only time will tell. I LOVE my Bioderma but I go through a bottle of that very fast; so using the MAC cleanse off oil reduces the amount of Bioderma that I use up in a month. I can't compare the two because Bioderma removes my make up and is very refreshing on my face. The MAC cleanse off oil just removes my make up.

It retails for $36 CAN/$30 US for 150 ml.

Sincerely, JoJo ♥ 

1 comment