Powered by Blogger.

Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer Review


I've never been a big fan of primer because I didn't think they did much.  I use an eyeshadow primer whenever I wear eyeshadow because I have very oily eyelids but face primer never seemed important to me. I don't use face primer on a daily basis because I feel like my makeup lasts for a decent amount of time.There are some days when I need to make sure that my makeup lasts all day and that's when I use a primer. I also think using a primer is summer is good because it ensures that your makeup will stay in place therefore, you don't have to worry about it slipping off your face.

The Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer is the first high end primer I ever tried. I bought it back in December but it took me a while to develop an opinion about it. I think it's a good all around product. It seems to be a great fit for my combination skin. Sephora describes it as "a mineral-based, water-resistant primer with SPF 15 that neutralizes the skin, minimizes shine, and creates a smooth, uniform canvas for flawless makeup application."

Pros: It feels gentle when you apply it, gives your skin a smooth texture, makes your makeup last all day long, controls oil, minimizes the appearance of pores and a little goes a long way.

Cons: The price. The 0.33oz bottle that I bought is $21CAD. The 1oz bottle is $60CAD. The fact it's in a glass bottle worries me a little because it can break if you drop it.

Overall this is a great face primer. It's pricey but you're paying for the quality of this product. The small one is lasting a long so I don't think it will be finishing any time soon. I would repurchase this product.

What's your favorite primer?

Sincerely, JoJo. ♥

No comments