Powered by Blogger.

July Favorites!


Summer already half over? It feels like it just began. Some days feel excessively long and yet a month has already passed. I've been really busy. Any free time that I had was spent watching kdramas. I haven't been wearing much makeup but there are a few things that deserve to be mentioned.

CoverGirl Clean Matte BB Cream 
I was excited about this product before I even saw it in person. A BB cream that's matte is a dream, especially in the summer heat. This product does everything that the name says. It keeps you matte throughout the day and has decent coverage. It's the perfect everyday base. You don't even feel like you're wearing makeup. I like that you can basically slap it on, blend it out quickly and you're good to go. I set it with a powder and then I don't even need to think about my makeup for the rest of the day. The only thing that would make it better if it had SPF.


MAC Omega
I've had this eyeshadow in my collection for a while. I didn't really know what to do with it because I find that it's too cool-toned to wear on my eyes and it's a little too light for my brows. I heard that this eyeshadow was great to use as a contour shade for pale skin, and it is. This is my new favorite contour shade. It does a great job at defining my cheekbones, and I know that it won't look too harsh because it's pale enough for my fair skin.

Colourpop Supershock Shade in Smash
I love gold eyeshadow. This shade is subtle enough to wear every day. It never looks too shimmery or glittery. Colourpop shadows are quick and easy to apply and blend out with your fingers. They last all day. Once they set they're not going anywhere.



Music:
I've been obsessed with Leeland's new album 'Invisible.' My two favorite songs are Beloved and Carry It All Away. I recommend checking out the entire album. It's simply amazing.

I've also bee loving The Uncontrollably Fond OST. The actual drama is overrated but the OST is really good. I'm still watching the drama because seeing Kim Woo Bin on my screen is always appreciated. I love Only U -Junggigo. I'm completely infatuated with Picture in My Head - Kim Woo Bin. I didn't know that Kim Woo Bin. This song somehow reminds me of something from Il Volo.

I've also been loving Faded Pictures - Van Ness Wu, which is the opening theme song for Better Man.

TV Shows:

Let's Fight Ghost - This drama is basically the love child of The Master's Sun and Oh My Ghost. It also reminds me of Sensory Couple a little. If you loved any of those dramas you'll enjoy this one. A ghost and a boy who sees ghosts live together and fight other ghosts. It combines action, thriller, mystery, comedy, and romance. I don't think too much about it while watching or else I'll question everything. There are so many elements of the story that haven't been answered yet, but it's entertaining to watch.

W - Two Worlds - This drama is really cool. It's unlike anything I've seen before. What happens when the real world and the world of a webtoon collide? What happens when an ordinary girl gets tangled into the world of the main character of a webtoon? What happens when the main character becomes aware that he's a fictional character and that his world is a made up one. This drama is a combination of action, thriller, melodrama, and romance. The first episode didn't impress me but the second episode got me hooked.

Better Man (twdrama) - When I first heard about this drama I wasn't going to watch it because it's set to be 80 episode. (edit: It got cut to 60 episodes.) It's about three brothers who are too focused on their work to even think about love and three women who turn their worlds upside down in the name of love. The main characters are loveable and the couples are super cute. I love the relationship between the three brothers and the strong female friendship present in this drama. The grandmother is crazy but means well and her antics are hilarious. I started watching it for Yi An and Zhen Hao but stayed for You Zhen and Zhen Kai. The drama hasn't gotten too heavy yet but I suspect it will soon. The pacing of each episode is quite moderate.

Sincerely, JoJo. ♥

2 comments

  1. Replies
    1. I'm always happy when I find the perfect gold eyeshadow. I have brown eyes and I like the way that gold eyeshadow enhances them. Colourpop eyeshadows are some of the best on the market. If you can get your hands on them they're worth a try. Thank you for taking the time to leave a lovely comment. :)

      Delete