Powered by Blogger.

November Favorites!



November is one of my favorites months of the year. I know that I say that every month flew by but I feel like November went by so fast. I feel like November just started and now it's the end of the month and the end of the semester. November was a very eventful month for me. I went to New York/New Jersey for my cousin's wedding, it was my birthday and the holiday/Christmas season began at my house. Lots of school work and projects were done as well. I don't have many favorites this month because I've been using the same makeup products every day, there are just some cheeky additions.

YSL Volupté Sheer Candy Gloss Balm in #5 Mouthwatering Berry
I have no excuse for spending a ridiculous amount of money on a lip product. All I can say is that it was my birthday and Sephora was having their VIB sale so it was a birthday present to myself. I swatched it, walked around the store and kept going back to it so I just had to have it. (Also I saw Amelia Liana haul this and it made me even more excited about getting it.) I'm actually obsessed with this lip product. I'm not usually a big fan of reddish lips but because this is sheer it looks amazing and works with any look whether it's casual or dressy. It's described as a reddish berry.  It just makes my lips look so nice and I love it. It looks beautiful with minimal makeup and a full face of makeup. This is obviously a product that needs reapplying throughout the day as it is sheer and a glossy balm product. Be aware of that and you won't be disappointed. It fades away evenly so you never get that weird patchy looking lip. I also find that it leaves a hint of a stain on your lips. The packaging is beautiful. In my opinion if you only buy one YSL product get this one. (P.S. I think the Maybelline Baby Lips in Cherry Me is a good alternative if you want a shade like this without spending the money on the YSL one. MAC Plumful also has a similar appearance on my lips.)

Essie Jump in my Jumpsuit
I love a good red nail polish. This one is what I would call a true red because it's a mix of warm and blue tones and leaning towards being more of a cherry red which is the red I prefer. This is the only shade in Essie's Holiday collection that I thought was appropriate for the holiday season. This requires 1-2 coats for full opacity. I say 1-2 because some nails looked fully opaque after 1 coat but others needed 2 coats so I ended up doing 2 coats on all my nails. The wear time isn't that long. By 3 days quite a few of my nails were quite chipped. I would say this is perfect if you want a red nail polish for an event.

Pearl Earrings
I got these as a gift for my birthday and I just love them. I keep finding an excuse to wear them. I've been wanting pearl earrings for a while now and I'm so glad to finally have a pair.

Random Favorites 

Movies:
The Hundred-Foot Journey
The Christmas Shepherd

Music:
What A Glorious Night - The Sidewalk Prophets
We Have A Savior - Hillsong Worship
I Lived (One Republic cover) - Caleb + Kelsey

Youtube:
velvetgh0st (Gabriella)

Sincerely, JoJo.♥

No comments