Powered by Blogger.

UPDATED 2014 Beauty Goals


At the beginning of the year I made myself a list of four beauty goals that I wanted to accomplish throughout the year, which you can see here. Since we are coming to the end of 2014 I thought it was time to look back through them and see whether I've achieved them.

My first beauty goal was to find a tinted moisturizer that would even out my skin tone and last all day. I really enjoyed the NARS Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer but it needs to be worn over a primer or else it slips off my face. I couldn't wear it in the warmer months because it would slide off my face even with primer underneath. It would be great for people with normal to dry skin because it gives your face a beautiful glow. I will conclude that my goal of finding the perfect tinted moisturizer is still in progress.

My second goal was to find a good face primer. The best primer that I tried this year was the Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer. It does everything I want in a primer but the downside of this product is the expensive price tag. This goals has been achieved, however; I'm still looking for a more affordable primer to use daily.

My third goal was to find a moisturizer that would take care of my sensitive combination skin. I believe I found that in the La Roche-Posay Toleriane Ultra. It's lightweight but very moisturizing. It works well under makeup and is also good to use for nighttime. My skin seems to like the products from La Roche-Posay. Every product that I've tried from this range doesn't break me out. That's a win in my book.

My final beauty goal of 2014 was to consistently was my makeup brushes once a week. That was a complete fail. I washed my makeup brushes on Monday after not washing them for a month. I know that I need to wash the makeup brushes that I use on a daily basis way more often because it's better for my skin. I need to work on that.

Overall, I think doing this was a good idea as it got me to think about what I really wanted to focus on beauty-wise this year. I'm glad I found a moisturizer that I love. I will keep my unachieved goals in mind in 2015.

If anyone knows of a great tinted moisturizer or foundation for combination to oily skin please let me know. 

Sincerely, JoJo. ♥

No comments