Powered by Blogger.

An Ode to Bourjois Healthy Balance Powder


I love a good face powder. It's hard to find one that's going to keep you matte without making you look cakey. I used the Rimmel Stay Matte Powder for years and I always keep one in my collection because I know it works. The Maybelline Dream Matte Powder used to be my HG face power. I'm still disappointed that it's been discontinued. The Bourjois Healthy Balance Powder has been my go-to powder for the past 2 years. It claims to have an ultra fine and melting texture, 10 hrs matte finish and boosting radiance, and asian fruit therapy. The product contains sharon fruit, which provides hydration and yuzu fruit for anti-shine.


Pros: It does what it says on the tin. It's extremely finely milled. It never looks cakey on the skin. It keeps you matte without looking flat. Essentially, it mattifies the skin but your face still looks glowy. It has a light fruity scent but once it's on your face you don't even smell it, and it doesn't break me out. It's yellow toned so it does a great job at adding brightness and gets rid of any redness. A little goes a long way. It gives your skin a beautiful satin finish.

Cons: Limited shade range. As with most Bourjois products the shade range caters towards light to medium skintones with nothing for the very fair or the very deep skintones. I have the shade 51 Vanille Clair and it's a tad dark for me. The price is high for a drugstore item, but all Bourjois products are on the pricey side in Canadian drugstores. It's a quite delicate powder. If you drop it the powder will crumble to the point where there is no saving it. This is the case with all powders but because this one is so soft it's going to break if it barely hits a hard surface. I wouldn't recommend travelling with it unless you can find a way to protect it.

Overall, it's a great powder. If you can find a shade that works for you I highly recommend giving it a shot. It performs just as well as high end powders. This is my third compact and I use it almost every single day. I haven't found a powder that tops it (although I'm interested in trying the MAC MSF Natural to see how it compares.)

What's your HG face powder?

Sincerely, JoJo. ♥

No comments