Powered by Blogger.

NOTD: Every Month is Oktoberfest

My nail polish obsession continues with OPI's Every Month is Oktoberfest from their Germany collection. How I got this polish is quite a story. I was originally drawn to it the first time I saw the collection in stores about a month ago and I didn't buy it right away. I went back a week later and it was sold old. I went to 4 different stores to try to find this colour and it was sold out everywhere. I had accepted the fact that I would never be able to get my hands on this polish when last Thursday I went to Winners (Canadian version of Marshalls/TJ Maxx.) and it was there. I took advantage of the fact that it was there and it cost less than what you'd pay at the beauty shops. Instead of $9.99 which is what it typically costs here it was $7.99.

photo credit: hausofpolish

OPI describes this colour as the perfect plum. I'm not really sure what to call it because it has many different colours mixed into it with a purple undertone. When I look at my nails I hints of burgundy, purple and micro glitter. I am in love with this colour and I'll be wearing it a lot this season. In this photo the colour looks way darker than it does in person. I like to use natural light when taking pictures. I tried to get a picture with flash but that made it look worse. My advice is that you should see this colour in person if you can get your hands on it. If you find it at Winners definitely grab it. 

The formula is pretty thick and one coat would be enough but I always put on two coats of polish just to make it look perfect. If you're not a perfectionist like me you can get away with one coat. 

No comments