Powered by Blogger.

NOTD: Rimmel Sweet Lavender

Rimmel London recently launched their 60 second nail polish line in Canada. I've read a few reviews on the product so I decided to try it. It claims that you only need one coat and the polish dries in less than 60 seconds. 

in natural light outside
Sweet Lavender is a true lavender. It's a lavender with pink undertones. I love the color because it screams Spring to me. I wore it for Easter. 

under halogen lights 

In regards to the claims this polish requires way more than one coat for maximum opacity. After one coat the polish was streaky and sheer. It looked better after two coats but three coats is ideal. This polish seems to dry in 60 seconds. I used Seche Vite as my top coat to make my nails look glossy. I kept the polish on for four days. Most of the nails looked perfect during those days. Two nails chipped after two days and one chipped on the third day and one chipped on the fourth day. 

Based on trying this polish I'd say the line is good. It's not the most long wearing polish and required three coats of polish but it's affordable and the colors look exactly like more expensive brands. The bottles are mini so they would be good for travelling. 

I've seen the price of these range from $2.88 to $5.49. It just depends where you buy it. 

Sincerely, JoJo xoxo

No comments