Powered by Blogger.

FOTD: A Night at the Opera


Last night I went to my school's Opera production of Benjamin Britten's A Midsummer Night's Dream. If you've read Shakespeare's A Midsummer Night's Dream the Opera is exactly that but the words are sung instead of spoken. I really enjoyed it. I thought I would share the makeup I wore to the Opera.

Face
I started my priming my face with the Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer followed by the Covergirl Outlast Stay Fabulous 3 in 1 Foundation in the shade 810 Classic Ivory. I applied my foundation with the beautyblender. I concealed my undereyes and anywhere else that needed concealing with my NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer in Vanilla. I set my makeup with my trusty Rimmel Stay Matte Powder in 001 Transparent. For blush I went with something neutral because my eyes were shimmery; I used the Stila Convertible Color in Peony. I applied my blush with the elf small stipple brush.

Eyes
For my eyes I wanted a natural but shimmery look because I wear matte eyeshadow too much. I started by priming my eyes with my trusty NARS Pro Prime Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base followed by MAC's Painterly Paint Pot. It was snowing so I had to ensure that my eye makeup would stay in place. Then I applied Cream from the Lorac Pro Palette all over the lid and brow bone. In the crease I used Taupe from the Lorac Pro Palette. On the center of the lid I applied the L'Oreal Infallible eyeshadow in Amber Rush. In the inner corner I applied Stila Kitten. I lined my water liner and inner rim with the copper colored eyeliner from the Physician's Formula Shimmer Strips Warm Nude eyeliner (not pictured) and then I applied a light coat of my Covergirl Clump Crusher Waterproof Mascara on my upper and lower lashes (not pictured). Because it was snowing I didn't want to have too much mascara on.

Lips 
For my lips I went with my all time favorite, MAC Syrup.


For Jewlery, I wore the Silver Dame Necklace from BaubleBar. (I couldn't find the necklace on their site anymore.) I like wearing this necklace to add a touch of glam to a simple (usually black) outfit. I wore it for my birthday and during the holidays. I love BaubleBar. I would buy everything on their site if I could. I recently ordered their Iced Lariat Pendant after having my eye on it for the past few months. Bauble Bar offers international shipping to Canada, Australia, The United Kingdom, Singapore, Hong Kong, The United Arab Emirates and Saudi Arabia.


Sincerely, JoJo. ♥ 

No comments