Powered by Blogger.

Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion + Review


The Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion + has a lot of hype surrounding it. Everyone knows about this stuff. It's one of those products that gets passed down from generation to generation. In 2013, it was reformulated. Sephora describes it as "a luxurious moisturizer that promotes smooth, healthy looking skin." It's supposed to balance out the moisture for very dry skin to oily kind in the t-zone. Sounds promising right?

Well, I wouldn't call it a luxurious moisturizer. I would call it a basic moisturizer.  For the most part it gets the job done but it's not the best moisturizer out there. It feels really light on the skin and absorbs quickly. It makes skin look smooth when you apply it but when you apply makeup over it you can see the texture of it through your foundation.When I started using it during the summer, I really liked it but now that it's the middle of winter it just doesn't cut it. It's not moisturizing enough for very dry skin. If you have dry patches it doesn't provide enough moisture to remedy that. If I apply it to my dry patches at night, I'll get up the next morning and those flaky dry patches will still be there. I think it would work better for oily/combination skin. I have one other issue with it. It does nothing for my pores. In fact, it makes them appear larger. I don't hate it but I don't think I would repurchase it.

The 1.7 oz tube that I purchased was $17. The 4.2 oz bottle is $32, and the 6.7 oz bottle is $47.

I like the Clinique brand as a whole. As a child, I remember seeing my mother use their products all the time. My first high end foundation was from Clinique and I loved it. (It was the acne solutions liquid makeup. Now it's $33 but it was $24-$26 when I used to buy it.) I like that their products are allergy tested and fragrance free because they're safe for sensitive skin.

What's your favorite moisturizer?

Sincerely, JoJo.♥

No comments